September 21, 2016

The teacher leaning hard on Thee

The Teacher
by Leslie Pinckney Hill

LORD, who am I to teach the way     
To little children day by day, 
So prone myself to go astray?           

I teach them KNOWLEDGE, but I know         
How faint they flicker and how low
The candles of my knowledge glow. 

I teach them POWER to will and do, 
But only now to learn anew   
My own great weakness through and through.        

I teach them LOVE for all mankind
And all God’s creatures, but I find     
My love comes lagging far behind.   

Lord, if their guide I still must be,     
Oh let the little children see  
The teacher leaning hard on Thee.
 


People Are Good

People are good even when our health isn't People are good when times feel uncertain People are good when they make others a prio...