June 9, 2014

One name which is sweeter than any music

Beberapa minggu yang lalu, dan bertahan beberapa saat lamanya, saya menuliskan catatan seperti ini:

I’m bored with music. I’m bored with stories. I want some ... I need music or stories or things that could really touch me. Or, should I am the one who should and shall touch someone…?

Entah mengapa merasa seperti itu. Tetapi, mungkin ada jawaban yang saya rasa pas oleh Frances R. Havergal:

Let us sing words which we feel and love, with clearness of enunciation, and looking up to meet His smile all the while we are singing. So shall we loyally sing for our King, yes for Him, Whose voice is our truest music.

“… bringing them within hearing of loving and sympathising words, and of the One name which is sweeter than any music.

Tentu kita sudah tahu siapa Satu nama itu.
 
Image from here